Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Keal Family Letter, October 2004

Hello all you friends and family types. Welcome to the October
issue
of the Monthly Keal Letter. We are all doing well. The weather is
turning cooler and the leaves are turning colors. Tirah and I had some
hot chocolate in front of a fire in the wood stove the other night.
It's time for the season of Cozy.
Cirdan is as cute as can be and getting cuter by the day. He's
got a
smile to die for, and is starting to get very active. Actively trying
to hold things, actively trying to sit up on his own. He and Thea
love each other very much... though not enough to know what's good for
each other. Thea will often be so excited to see Cirdan that she will
scream at the top of her voice... which will then make Cirdan cry.
"What happened Mama? Why is he crying?"
Thea is talking more and more. Though her words are not
completely
formed, she is started to put them together into short baby sentences.
Just this evening, as I was giving her her bath, she heard Tirah coming
up the stairs and started repeating over and over: "Mama - tess! Mama
- tess? Mama - tess!" (Rough translation: "Mother - stairs") She has
her own words for a great many things including: Ball, star, car,
stairs, Cirdan, juice, eggs, peanut butter balls, blanket, Blue Bear
(her teddy bear), Rhino (her Other teddy "bear"), diaper, shoes, socks,
Mama, Papa, Meema, Deeda, video, cracker, cheese, house, flower, knee,
feet, eyes, bathtime, binky (pacifier), balloon, moon, "Hi," "See ya,"
and probably more as we speak. This list of vocabulary words is
pretty much the bulk of what Thea says these days... now that I think
about it, it's pretty much the bulk of what Tirah and I say these days
too. Aaahh Parenthood.
Tirah is doing well. She's having a lot of fun working for Carl
Smith
as the book keeper for his new heating, plumbing and AC business. The
best thing being that she can work out of the office in our living
room. This Autumn she will also be working up at Hawk Mountain again
on weekends. This will make life very busy for this month, but it will
bring in much needed income for the months ahead.
Yes, this is the last month that I will be working in the
carpentry,
construction business. As of November, I will have to go onto
Unemployment benefits as I try to start up my own music business. It's
a scary and exciting time of our life. But we have a good situation to
be in. Since we're renting from my Mom and Dad, we don't have to worry
about getting kicked out of the house when we miss rent payments.
Tirah's income from Carl means that we won't lose our car. Her income
from Hawk Mountain will give us a bit of a head start. And I hope to
be earning money as soon as I possibly can from music.
I am currently working on writing my Business Plan. I'm also
taking a
course in Recording Engineering, which would conceivably allow me to
look for a decent job in a recording studio, or better yet start my own
studio. Steve Simons is helping me get my website up and running.
Elise and Robert Genzlinger (just married) gave me a book on music
business. I'm half way to owning the equipment I need to have a
functional start-up recording studio. I have many ideas for new albums
to make, and I'm researching the music markets I need to tap into. The
wheels are turning my friends, and my family. We still believe very
strongly that this is all Providential. I'm surrounding myself with
Positive Thoughts such as "If you risk nothing, you risk even more." by
Somebody Or. Other. Next month will be the beginning of our new life.
Well, I must go and work on some research for my website.
See you
on the other side. - Solomon and Family

No comments: