Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Keal Family Letter, March 2004

Hello, Solomon here.
March has arrived. In my family it is something of a birthday
month with my Grandma's birthday on the 2nd, my birthday on the 10th,
Caleb Genzlinger's birthday on the 14th (turning One), my Mom's
birthday on the 20th, and my sister Roxanne's birthday on the 26th.
March also brings the much anticipated promise of Spring. We can now
look forward to evening walks without a jacket, more light in the
morning and evening, and that wonderful smell of new life in the ground.
February was a bit of a rough month for us financially. I was sick
several days and missed work ( and therefore pay) in a month that is
already hard enough with it's nasty habit of being so short. Not only
is February a Dreary month, but it is also the eternal curse of all of
us Hourly Wage workers to earn less money, but still have to pay the
same monthly bills. This galactic unfairness is very frustrating to
me. Fortunately, things are looking up. Because of having Thea as a
dependent, and Tirah not having income, we are getting a very large tax
refund which will save our dusty bank account.
This tax refund (money that we should have had all along... but I don't
want to get into that) will be a great help. It will let me to buy
the music software that I've been wanting to get for a while, which
will enable me to record music at home on my keyboard and computer. It
will also help us pay off a good part of our new car that we got on the
last day of the year 2003. It is a Subaru Outback, and we love it.
Thea will be 13 months old tomorrow. She hasn't said any words yet,
but she still talks a lot and is as cute as ever. Tirah is getting
rounder. Baby Turtle kicks a little more now, or at least I can feel
the kicks more now.
We are starting to think about the next stage in our house renovations
for the summer. But more on that next time.
May the Lord bless you all! TTFN Ta Ta For Now. - Solomon.

No comments: