Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Keal Family Letter, May 2004

Hello Family and Friends, Solomon here. We've reached that
"Springy" time of year when we have the combined fresh air smells of
April Showers and May Flowers. We've all been enjoying the outdoors
a lot. It's been fun watching Thea as she discovers grass, and
dandylions, and little birds that fly across the blue sky. More and
more, the sounds she makes sound like the words we say to her. She is
able to stand and balance all by herself (no hands) for probably 30
seconds, and loves it when we clap and applaud her. Clapping has
become her new sign of happiness. She's been teething quite a bit
lately with nasty old molars coming in. It's been very sad to see her
in so much pain, but her cheerful self comes back very quickly.
One month until our next little bundle of joy is due. We both think
it's a boy, but who knows? Pregnancies always differ from each other.
Just this morning we found out that the baby is not in the right
position for it's last month. The baby should be head down, but he
(she) is lying side-ways (transverse). We're not too worried at this
point. There are plenty of things that Tirah can do to get the baby in
the right position. The trick will be to get the baby to stay head
down by the time Tirah goes into labor. Most medical people see the
only option for a transverse baby at the time of birth to be C-section,
which we do not want at all. But we are hopeful and praying that
everything will be fine.
Tirah just recently was offered a job working for Carl Hobson (once
Carl Smith). He will be starting his own business this July, and
asked Tirah he she wanted to do some secretarial work for him. It
would be a great situation. Tirah could do all her work right at home
on Carl's laptop. It would be a great help financially for us, as
well as helping out an entrepreneurial close friend. Very likely an
answer to two prayers.
It's taken about a month, but I finally got my music software up and
running, and I am able to use it's basic functions fairly well. I
worked through all of it's tutorials, and am now working on recording
one of my songs. It is a boat-load of fun! It will be quite a while
before I've read through the two inch thick (all English) manual. It
is a strange situation to be learning something new where I'm very
aware of what I could and will know, but don't know yet. I know that
there are some functions that the software can do, that I haven't even
seen to be needed yet. But as always, I love learning new things.
The last week this month, I will be taking off from my day job, to work
on our house. We will be knocking out a wall in Mom's massage room to
make the whole room bigger. That will allow us to change the location
of the bottom of Mom and Dad's stairs. Right now they come out in the
kitchen, but we're going to turn them the other way so that they come
out in the massage room. One small step in the giant plan to turn
this old house into two houses. If we have time we'll be doing some
more painting and other odd jobs that we didn't get to last summer.
Hopefully we will get it all done before the baby comes. (When I say
"We" I really mean "I")
Well that's our life right now. Busy as ever. But full of an ever
increasing awareness of the Lord's Providence in all things. Next
month's letter could be late, as we could be in labor. (When I say
"We" I really mean "Tirah") Be excellent to each other, and party
on dudes! - Solomon.

No comments: